Sunday, May 22, 2011

On the Road Again

Well, no one got left behind, although each brother is wishing we had....  And the house is decently cleaned (it's still on the market).

We are on the road again and headed to Florida for a little while.  But let me catch up on the last few days since my last communique.

We had great intentions on dotting our "i"s and crossing our "t"s, so to say, with our 3 page list of things to do before we left.  Everything was going pretty well until I (Becky) got a 24 hour sickness which had me as sick as a dog.  I was out.  Until my stomach disagreed and I argued back.  The stomach won and decided to empty its contents.

Needless to say, I was delayed in cleaning and packing but somehow we were able to put it all together.  The house got cleaned, things got packed, mail was put on hold (except for this week - someone is picking it up for us - and if you are reading this, THANK YOU!), and all those little details. 

There were quite a few humorous moments as we frantically scrambled to our deadline.  I can't recall all of them right now (something to do with getting back to normal and finally relaxing), but there was one moment today as we were so close to having everything ready (imagine an RV full of Publix bags packed with food items and who knows what not and me trying to put them in their spots before new bags came in) when Joshua looks at me and with dry humor says, "You know, our life would make a hit TV show."

I burst out laughing.  He was so dead on.

If you have known us for any length of time, you know we are anything but normal.  Our lifestyle is so different than the average American that if our life was filmed you'd laugh with us, cry with us, wonder why on earth we made that choice and not the other one, be exhausted from just watching us, and who knows what else.

Well, the best I can do is write a blog and provide some photos for now.  Although, I am glad you don't always get to see the worst of us.  And aren't we all?! 

I am SO grateful for God's mercy and grace.  We all fail miserably at living life perfectly.  At not making the best decision.  At not extending grace to others.  At not submitting to God's plan.  Mostly because our minds argue with what we think is right and wrong instead of seeing it through God's wisdom.

Grace.  Such an incredible gift.  Even though sin entered the world because of our disobedience, God had mercy and offered His grace.  We can either choose to accept it or turn away.

Well, I will keep you updated as I can.  I REALLY do not want to get sick again.  We hope to stop at a free spot tonight and at a beach area for the next two.  Kind of like a mini-vacation.  I get to take pics of sunrises!!  West coast was sunsets, now we are on the sunrise side (which really isn't a sunrise if we want to be technical, but then again, "earth rotations" doesn't sound as pretty).

"Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.  For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."  John 1:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment