Wednesday, December 1, 2010

These Wonderful United States

If you have never traveled much in the United States, you are missing out on some great scenery and historical places.  Not to mention God's creation after the flood. 

I was looking through Reader's Digest National Parks book today that I purposely brought along.  Since we were close to the Grand Canyon, and hope to visit it at some point in our current travels, I took some time to read through what it had to say. 

You can imagine my sarcasm as I read some of the infomation aloud about how millions of years formed it.  Really...?  I loved Bill's comment while we were driving through Zion National Park on the 15:  "So they tell us these canyons were formed in 20 million years, while 10 miles east they have set up a preserve because they are afraid the erosion is going to destroy them."  Just think about that for a little bit and you'll get it.

We passed through some great places in the last week and I thought I would share them with you.  Enjoy!

                                         We passed Burma Shave signs on the way to Lisa's!





Famous Hoover Dam.  From top to bottom:  The newest addition to Hoover Dam, the Hoover Dam Bypass (which I just found out opened Oct. 19, 2010); Robert, myself, and Andrew; Hoover Dam with the Bypass in the background; monument to all the workers (Hoover Dam was built from 1931-1936, you can imagine the type of equipment they had...); and an overview of Lake Mead (what Hoover Dam created).

No comments:

Post a Comment