Saturday, August 13, 2011

Seminary Party and a Quechua Wedding

When it rains, it pours. 

I stayed behind today while the rest of the team went back up to Los Angeles (Peru).  Tammy Riggs asked me to help decorate the Seminary (Semenario Evangelico de Apurimac, or SEA) for a Thanksgiving/Graduation party.  In fact, it has already started but I am back at the hotel waiting for the team to get back.

Things like this will always happen when you work in another Latin culture.  Things are not neccessarily built around time, but around relationships.  And you offend people if you don't take time with them, thus being on time does not matter as much. 

Today was a special day in Los Angeles because Bill and Sam were asked to perform a wedding as well as the regular class Sam prepared.  Silvi, Robert, and Chris also went to help with the children.  Needless to say today was a full day.  But it is not done yet.  They are expected to attended the party when they get back.  But again, it's about relationships and the people will want to meet the Americans.

I tried several times and in various ways to download photos to this blog but to no availe.  I think I may try an online photo site and put up a link if I get it downloaded that way.  Otherwise, I was able to download several photos to our Believer's Bridge Facebook site.  So if you have a Facebook account, please go to the Believer's Bridge page (just type "Believer's Bridge" into the search) and check out the photos there!

I was able to rest today, so that is a praise.  However, please pray for the rest of the team: Cayo, Bill, Sam, Walter, and Silvi.  I am sure they are exhausted.  This will be the hardest day because of all the activities.

"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ."  1 Thessalonians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment