Saturday, November 20, 2010

Making the most of it.

So..., this has been a very different RV trip.  Yesterday we had a tire problem, today we threw a serpentine belt (or something like that...)  It's the thingy that runs the A/C and water to cool the engine, so I'm told.  Sorry, I am NOT a mechanical person.  Ask me to paint a picture, bake something, or sew and I'm your person.

We were able to meet with a friend near Dallas, TX Bill and I knew from way back, when Bill used to teach Sunday School (in Poway, CA) before we were married.  So that part of the day was great!  Barely an hour into our trip is when the second incident happened.  Oy vei!

At first we all felt frustrated.  But then you realize that there's not much you can do about it and you might as well make the most of it.  So, we plan on making a great meal, maybe watching a family movie or playing a game, and going to a church in the morning while Firestone fixes the RV.  What can we say?  When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right?!  We just hope to be to my parents by Thanksgiving...  (I can hear it now, "Tune in next time to read all about the latest Rowley Saga.")

No comments:

Post a Comment