Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Best cleaning tool a girl could ever have

I finally found it.

The tool of dreams.  A girl's best friend.  The be-all and end-all of cleaning tools.  The creme de la creme...
Well, you get the picture. 

Today I tasked myself with cleaning the RV for our scout camping trip this weekend.  As I began organizing items into various piles (oh you know, like dirty socks the boys forgot to bring in from several weeks ago, and half-empty water bottles, and the like) I was finally able to see the edges on the top part (the overhang area).  And it needed some TLC.  So I came up with this brilliant idea of using a vacuum.

Since we had just finished fixing our dryer vent and used our shop-vac to do it, I thought, "Hmm.  It's light and small.  It will fit just nicely in the RV and I can lug it around w/o all the weight." 

It was a magical moment.  The heavens opened up and angels started singing.  At least in my imagination.  It was pure bliss.  That little shop-vac sucked everything up!  Including ants, small Lego's, and various sundries things.  I think it even picked up some stray chiggers.  Probably hanging out with the dirty socks....

I was so shop-vac-happy I decided to come inside and look for the wide attachment tool to do the floors.  Genius.  You know those hard-to-get corners?  Have no fear, the shop-vac is your answer.  Just point the nozzle in there, and wa-la, instant clean (unless it's glued in there...then you have different issues.) 

And did you know it can do cushions too?  Yes, this amazing machine works on anything.  In fact, I shoved it into a dark corner and who knows what went up it.  Probably some more Lego's.... 

I think it can even do liquid items.  But I haven't tested that theory (with my machine) yet.  And let's hope I won't ever have to. 

But I did decide that little machine is coming with me now wherever the RV goes.  The only thing that could have made it better was if it had been pink or purple. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the article. :)

    Just so you know ... it's voilà (a Frog word), not wa-la. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh. I think I have to go get a shop vac now. I'm sitting in my bus and there are these tiny little bugs all over my computer screen because it's the only light on in here, since everyone else is sleeping. I'm having shop vac envy.

    ReplyDelete