Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hangin' out in Texas

So, day 5 on the road and the last 2 have been in Texas.  The saying is true, everything in Texas is HUGE.  Especially when you take the lower portion.  BUT, we have been chuggin' along and having a pretty good time overall. 

As usual, my family enjoys, uh, making the most of every opportunity.  Some would call it being goofy, I prefer to see it as learning moments (some more goofy than others...).  With that said, we've had some great "opportunities" lately.

For example, I announced yesterday that Joshua would be next in doing the dishes.  Next thing I know I hear Robert say, "Quick!  Fill the sink up!", with Bill on his tail yelling, "Andrew, get out of the sink!"  Good grief.  I'm starting to think I could make a small fortune making comic strips out of our life experiences.

The guys are watching "Flywheel" as I blog.  Great movie by the way.  And I hear lots of laughing, so there must be lots of comedy along with the great message it brings (honesty even when the going gets tough - it's a Christian movie).

The favorite line so far is, "You both look like two marshmellows trying to get out of a hotwheel car."  The only reason I know that is the boys keep repeating it....  My favorite line is, "I'm feeling anxiety right now, but it's like a peaceful anxiety."  Kind of a reflection of our lives it seems.

Operating Believer's Bridge hasn't always been easy.  In fact, there are moments of grueling work and times of doing what's right even when it's hard.  There have also been times when we experienced miracles when we needed them. 

For example, our printer ran out of black ink and the ink we had ordered didn't arrive when the company said it would.  We needed to make flyers for our International Dinner so we decided to overide the controls and see if we could squeeze a few more pages out.  1000+ pages later, it was still working!! 

Life brings so many moments.  Sometimes we get it "right" and other times we blow it.  Other times we grow and change, and yet other times we harden our hearts.  Listen, the road will get hard, but choosing to follow in God's path brings peace.  Even if it's "peaceful anxiety". ;-)

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13-14
" 'I have told you these things, so that in me [Jesus] you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world' ".  John 16:33

More photos:

We spent our last day in Carlsbad with Bill's parents.  So of course we spent most of the time on the beach...

All 3 boys.  I had fun playing with the settings on the camera.



I'm going to miss this...


Snow in Southern California.

Just so there's no doubt, EVERYTHING is big is Texas...


Pima Air Space Museum


Airplane graveyard


Thought I would give you a glimpse of our everyday living in our 200sq ft home...


The "office", the bedrooms, the kitchen and eating area, movie theatre, schoolroom, and anything else you can think of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment