Saturday, November 5, 2011

Again and again. Then again...

The rat race can wear a person down.  I can't even imagine being Moses leading a bunch of obstinate people through the desert.   I know he must have had moments of despair.  I probably would have thrown in the towel after the first 1-2 years.

So what keeps a person going when the odds are against them?  You've seen it over and over again in movies. Read it in books.  Heard the stories.  The guy is in dire straights and he takes out a beat up photo of his girl.  The memory of her is enough to keep him going.

I finally realized that's the same way with us.  We take out our Bibles and read about the love our Father has for us and the encouragement He whispers when the going gets tough.

It's a tricky thing being in any kind of position.  I have a heart for people who get put in the spotlight and set on a peddle stool.  What is it about humans that we make them out to be larger than life?  Moments of feeling broken down are natural for everyone, including the person in the spotlight.  Especially the person in the spotlight.

So, yes.  I have felt weary lately.  Not only physically (which I either have a pinched nerve or fractured rib in my back- the Dr.s haven't been able to determine exactly so I have to monitor myself) but also mentally.  Which can get to the spiritual.  And that's when your roots are going to grow deeper.

But it takes a conscious decision to make good and right choices when you feel weary.  There's a verse in I Corinthians 15:58 that says,

     "Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."


Man, that is powerful.  It's a shot in the arm to keep going.  


So, we are less than a week away from heading out in our RV again.  


For 2-3 months. 


To continue raising support.


To continue finding teachers for Believer's Bridge Institutes and Seminary.


I have consciously started to cringe at the thought of being in 200 sq feet of space for 90+ days again.  Homeschooling kids and making do in a tiny kitchen with an oven that doesn't work right.  My only comfort is knowing that we'll be in the warmer climate of San Diego and we'll get to see our old friends and new friends again.  There are some quality people out there.


Good thing I'll have a photo, uh, book to look at that will remind me why we are doing what we do.



No comments:

Post a Comment